Today, I want to share my five make-up must haves with you. These products are clearly all-time favourites in my beauty stash and maybe one of these is something you’d fancy, too?
Also, I would love to hear about your make-up must haves. So let me know what’s missing in my collection in the comments below! I am eager to hear about new products!
My 5 Make-up Must Haves
Mary-Lou Manizer from theBalm
When it comes to highlighters, it feels like I have tried them all! Creamy ones and highlighting powders alike but I only came to the conclusion that I wasn’t fully sold on any of them. That changed, when I finally gave in and tried the much hyped Mary-Lou Manizer from theBalm.
I was always on the hunt for a highlighter that’s glowy but not shimmery and still has a natural finish to it. Imagine how surprised I was to learn that this product finally ticked all of those boxes! The highlighter is of great quality and leaves the softest of champagne-coloured glow on your cheeks, cupid’s bow, nose and right underneath your eyebrows.
It’s easy to blend and the Glow Finish really lives up to it’s name and feels and looks very natural. It’s amazing! If you want to go for a more opaque result, you can use another layer to intensify the sheen. Just play around with it until you find the finish you’re happy with!
If you’re a High Beam devotee, please know, the Mary-Lou Manizer is a great alternative product and they even work great combined! Who would have thought?!
- Application: I apply the Mary-Lou Manizer from theBalm with a 129 Luxe Fan Brush from ZOEVA right onto my cheekbones, cupid’s bow and the back of my nose.
- Quantity: 8.6 g
- Ingredients: Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491
Check out this video to see the highlighter in action!
MAC Lipstick in Twig and Lipliner in Soar
If you’re a long time reader of this Beauty Blog, you know that this is my all-time favourite team of lipstick and lipliner! It just doesn’t get any better than this and is also a great way to get yourself Kylie Jenner lips in an instant. Still, it’s subtle enough for every day wear!
Twig from MAC is a matte lipstick, but has a little sheen to it right after application. I think, it’s the right combination between glossy and matte for the day out and about. It doesn’t budge come coffee or lunch dates and as far as I am concerned the Soar lipliner works hand in hand with the lipstick. The Ms. Diva and Dark Out lipliners would also work great.
- Application: First I am using the lipliner on the outer rims of my lips and then on the lips as well before I grab the Twig lipstick and apply it thoroughly onto my lips for amazing long-lasting colour.
- Quantity: Lipstick 3 g, lipliner 1.45 g
- Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D’Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]
Diorskin Nude Air Serum Foundation
Since the texture of the Diorskin Nude Air Serum Foundation is quite liquidy, I wasn’t so sure if this one’s for me. It needed a little getting used to but now I am all over it. It’s easy to apply and I either do so directly on my face or dab the drops onto the back of my hand and blend it in with a 102 Silk Finish Brush from ZOEVA.
It’s a very light foundation that almost feels like a moisturiser on. It has a fresh scent to that’s not overpowering in the least. The serum foundation offers great coverage even for little acne scars without a leaving a masky feeling. It comes with quite a hefty price tag but a little goes a long way which makes up for that fact. I only used about half of the bottle and I am already 7 months in of applying it regularly, which is a great cost-per-wear result in my opinion!
As you know I am having combination skin with oily patches in the T-zone area, so I am used to always applying powder on top of liquid foundation. I like the combination of Diorskin Nude Air Serum Foundation and CATRICE All Matte Plus Powder a lot and it truly keeps the oilyness at bay for several hours!
- Application: I apply the Diorskin Nude Air Serum Foundation with the 102 Silk Finish Brush from ZOEVA. I like to apply a few drops of the foundation beforehand directly onto my face and then take it from there and blend it in with the brush.
- Quantity: 30 ml
- Ingredients: Trisiloxane, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Vinyl Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Oxidized Corn Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Aqua (Water), Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trihydroxystearin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Bht, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Tocopherol, Alpha-Isomthyl Ionone, Coumarin, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder. [May Contain: Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)] N 090001/Z
essence Lash Princess false lash effect mascara
That’s most definitely the product people ask me about the most. It seems like you guys like the way my eyelashes look and the easy answer to that va-va-voom effect is a very affordable product from essence. I use it in pretty much every Get Ready With Me and I am a fan for 3 years now and can never be without a tube.
The Lash Princess false lash effect mascara is my holy grail of mascaras to be honest. It works quick and effective and lengthens my lashes as well as gives great volume that holds a curl. I like it when my lashes look a bit sticky but I know that many prefer a more natural approach to it which – of course – you can also achieve with this mascara. But, as the name suggests, it’s False Lash Effect is in full force!
- Application: I apply the Lash Princess false lash effect mascara on my upper lashes from the bottom up and the other way around for the best result. The lower lashes only get a light coat of mascara.
- Quantity: 12 ml
- Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Butylene Glycol, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Polybutene, Aminomethyl Propanol, Stearic Acid, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Polyester-4, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides)
ZOEVA Cocoa Blend Eyeshadow Palette
When it comes to eyeshadows, I am a fan of warm and nude shades. I just feel like they accentuate my dark brown eye colour best. the ZOEVA Cocoa Blend Eyeshadow Palette truly is the cream of the crop when it comes to shades and hues that suit me marvellously.
The palette includes 10 different shades which are enriched with Vitamin E and are 100 % free of parabens, mineraloils, perfume and phtalates. Moreover they are highly pigmented, very opaque and easily blendable. What more could you ask for?
Teamed up with a great Eyeshadow Base, these beasts easily last all day without a smudge! The various colours offer different kinds of finish – from matte to satin, metallic, duo chrome or pearl and even shimmery matte.
- Application: I always apply Eyeshadow Base first, let it sink in and mostly use the shade Freshly Toasted in combination with Sweeter End. The shade Substitute For Love works very well on its own, but the combinations are sheer endless when it comes to the ZOEVA Cocoa Blend Palette.
- Quantity: 10x 1.5 g
- Ingredients: Talc, Zinc Stearate, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauroyl Lysine, Dehydroacetic Acid, [May Contain. +/- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 75470 (Carmine)], Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Dimethiconol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Silica, Cera Alba, Dehydroacetic Acid, [May Contain. +/- CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dehydroacetic Acid, [May Contain. +/- CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide), CI 77007(Ultramarines), Mica, Talc, Magnesium Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dehydroacetic Acid, [May Contain. +/- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide), CI 75470(Carmine), Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dehydroacetic Acid, [May Contain. +/- CI 77499 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77742(Manganese Violet), Talc, Zea Mays Starch, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Isopropyl Lanolate, Zinc Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dehydroacetic Acid, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, [May Contain. +/- CI CI 77499 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide)
You can find a Video Tutorial with the ZOEVA Cocoa Blend Palette here:
Make-up Must Haves at a glance:
- Mary-Lou Manizer from theBalm
- Lipstick Twig and Lipliner Soar from MAC
- Diorskin Nude Air Serum Foundation from DIOR
- Lash Princess false lash effect mascara from essence
- Cocoa Blend Eyeshadow Palette from ZOEVA
Which products are your Make-up Must Haves?