The Céline Medium Classic Box Bag is a true classic from the French fashion experts. However, not everyone can afford this precious little thing that costs almost 3000 Euros. Reasons enough for me, to browse through various online shops and come up with the best lookalikes. Have a look and decide whether one of these dupes is to your liking.
Real vs. Steal: Céline Medium Classic Box Bag
A few years ago everyone hyped the Céline „Luggage“ bag, it was a real zinger. From that point on Céline has been among the favourite brands of every fashion blogger and no one can imagine the fashion industry without this brand.
Actually, the box bag is named after its design, which is really straightforward, without any in-your-face details. The classic version is made from calf leather and has a golden clasp. The carrying strap can be adjusted to two different lengths; thus, you can either wear it over your shoulder or across your body – a look that’s really hip at the moment. It’s big enough for being your companion during the day, but it’s also small enough for stylish evening looks. Sounds pretty perfect, right?
The Céline Medium Classic Box Bag scores with its simplicity, while being timeless and elegant. It’s the perfect bag and shouldn’t be missing from your wardrobe. You’ve wanted to buy a cross body bag for ages, but can’t really afford it? Here are the best lookalikes.
Céline Medium Classic Box Bag: the most stunning lookalikes
- My favourite among all lookalikes is certainly the „Soan“ Push Lock Bag from Jessica Buurman. Simply because it’s especially similar to the original version. You can purchase it in black or various other colours.
- Whoever likes the boxy form, but the golden clasp not so much, will love the Céline Medium Classic Box Bag Dupe from Matt & Nat. Plus: This brand only uses materials that are 100% vegan.
- I spotted a similar bag in dark blue at Mango. This bag also features adjustable straps and a metal application on the front.
- A really cheap alternative is the one by Anna Field. The only thing that’s different is the shape of the clasp. Apart from that, the bag is at least as classy as the real Céline bag.
- The Box Bag from Topshop shows the same boxy shape as the original, but the strap looks a bit different.
- I like this bag from Fossil almost as much as the first one. I think it has an especially classy feel to it while being really simple. However, there is no clasp.
- Miss Selfridge shows a lookalike too. This black bag is made from fake leather and the clasp involves a ring, which makes it look kind of complicated.
- Then I found this really colourful bag from Tommy Hilfiger. And I think since the form is so simple and boxy the colour is allowed to pop out. What do you think? There’s a beige option too, though.
- Of course Urban Outfittersshows off a lookalike bag as well. Classy, black, boxy, average size. Perfect!
- And now for the most affordable version I could find: it’s by Even&Odd.
- At the close of this list I have two box bags by Forever21 for you. Firstly, the Studded Square Crossbody Bag (which is available in Camel too) and secondly, this Faux Leather Satchel with a really lovely clasp.